College and Schools
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences is the heart of USD, where students thrive in the liberal arts and sciences and develop a coherent, integrated, rich world view.
- Founded in 1949
- 28 majors and 35 minors
- 4 graduate programs
- 20 departments
- 225 devoted, full-time faculty
- 19 honor and professional societies
School of Business
School of Business develops socially responsible business leaders with a global mindset and a passion for innovation.
- Full-time and evening MBAs offered
- 7 specialty master's programs
- 8 undergraduate business majors
- MBA program ranks 3rd in the world for entrepreneurship by Financial Times
- Top 50 Best Business School for 8 years by Bloomberg Businessweek
- Faculty ranks A+ grade for teaching quality in seven consecutive rankings
Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering inspires students to innovate, create and ultimately make a difference by practicing real-world engineering.
- Offers a Dual BA/BS Degree in four engineering disciplines, a BA degree in computer science, and an MS in Cyber Security Engineering
- Meet prospective employers and find new opportunities while giving back to their community
- Ranks #13 in engineering undergraduate programs in the nation
Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science
Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science is a premier private graduate school with a public conscience.
- Ranks as the #1 Catholic Graduate Nursing School in the nation based on U.S. News & World Report research
- Internationally recognized faculty have extensive postgraduate research training
- Awarded the largest research grant in USD history.
- Our Nursing Clinical Simulation Laboratory provides expert clinical training
Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies
Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies works for sustainable peace and justice through innovative education, interdisciplinary scholarship, advanced practice and policy engagement.
- Founded in 2007
- Offers MA in Peace and Justice
- Focus areas: conflict analysis and resolution, human rights, development and human security
- Benefit from two practice-oriented institutes: the Institute for Peace and Justice and the Trans-Border Institute
School of Law
School of Law is recognized for the excellence of its faculty, depth of its curriculum, and strength of its clinical programs.
- 900 Juris Doctor and graduate law students annually
- Strong faculty of outstanding scholars and teachers with national and international reputations.
- Member of the Order of the Coif, a national honor society for law school graduates. Focus areas: business and corporate law, constitutional law, intellectual property, international and comparative law, public interest and taxation.
School of Leadership and Education Sciences
School of Leadership and Education Sciences prepares educators and leaders to serve a diverse society by focusing on human dignity and the quality of life.
- Founded in 1962
- Established the nation's first PhD program in leadership studies in 1979
- Four departments and 10 degree, 16 credential and 4 certificate programs
- Affiliated with 10 academic centers and institutes
Professional and Continuing Education
Professional and Continuing Education supports career advancement and change through professional development programs and online degrees.
- More than 600 affordable, high-quality professional development and continuing education courses, programs and certificates with no application requirements.
- Convenient online and classroom schedules, certificate credential and graduate-level extension credit
- Small classes sizes, customized private and group professional development
Corporate training and accessible online graduate degrees