Withdrawal from the University

Students who terminate their enrollment in a graduate program must file an official Notice of Withdrawal with the One Stop Student Center. If they are currently registered for courses, students must withdraw prior to the deadline to withdraw from classes (see Academic Calendar; also Refund Policy). Courses dropped on or before the deadline will receive a grade of ‘W’ (not included in the GPA). Filing a Notice of Withdrawal after the deadline will make the withdrawal effective at the end of the current term and will result in the posting of grades for the term. Students forced to discontinue enrollment after the withdrawal deadline due to a documented emergency may petition their respective dean for an exception to this policy; however, the petition must be filed prior to the last day of classes and is subject to review. International students must follow the same procedures and, in addition, obtain clearance from the Office of International Students and Scholars located in Serra Hall, Room 315.