Advanced Standing

Admission to Advanced Standing

The university normally accepts transfer students from other colleges and universities who were admissible to the university as freshmen and present a strong record in their previous college work.

Candidates who were not eligible for admission to the university as freshmen will be considered if they present a balanced academic program of at least 24 semester units of transferable academic work with a strong record.

Students who did not graduate high school, complete the GED or State High School Proficiency Examination should have successfully completed an AA degree before applying.

Students who have left the university without an approved leave of absence should seek readmission through the Office of the Registrar.

Candidates for advanced standing, in addition to the application procedures listed, must present official transcripts of all college work attempted and a letter of recommendation from the previous college.

Transfer credit is officially evaluated by the Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences following the student’s acceptance and submission of the commitment deposit. No official evaluation can be made before that time.